Monday, March 03, 2008

We'll miss you grandma

The Ansons were blessed to make a trip to Chicago the first weekend of February to visit our family for Christmas. Grandma seemed fine and usual. Grandma was not in the best of health, but no one expected her to pass away any time soon. So we enjoyed our visit there and headed back to Kansas. 10 days later we found out that Grandma died sometime during the night. Grandpa found her lying on the floor in the bedroom. It came as a great shock to us all. I (this is Scott) lived with my Grandparents for 5 years after I graduated high school. My Grandma helped me through quite a few hard times. My love for her was/is strong and I will miss her very much. I have a lot of memories to think back on. I am glad Lydia was able to know her and I'm glad Paul and Marcus got to spend some time with her. They may not be able to remember her when they grow up, but we've got pictures! We are so thankful to still have Grandpa for as long as the Lord allows us. Grandpa has had a huge impact on my life just like Grandma did. We love them a lot. We'll miss you Grandma. Pictured below (L-R) is Grandma, Grandpa and my Mom at my brother's wedding in October, 2007.
Edna Kornack
May 13, 1932 - February 13, 2008

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott, your Grandma was a great lady. I'm so glad I was able to know her. I am soooo glad it worked out for you all to see her right before she passed. I've been praying for you and your Mom and Grandpa and the whole extended family. You can keep her memory alive with stories. I'd love to hear some sometime. Love, Momma U

Anonymous said...

I was so sorry to hear that your Grandma passed away! That is so neat that you got to see her before she died - Praise the Lord!

Also, Happy Anniversary to you guys!! I always remember it because it's the same day as my brother's birthday.

Tell Paulie I said "Hi" and give the boys a squeeze for me!

Ali

Anonymous said...

Scott, I am so sorry for the loss of your Grandma. I know what a gift they are! Thank the Lord for special memories. :-)

Anonymous said...

Praying the Lord's indescribable peace on you in this time of sorrow. May He be your comfort and joy.

Love in Christ,
The Vernons