Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My Valentine

I want to send a special thank-you to the love of my life
This valentines day may everyone know this is a grateful wife
For 2 years have swiftly past and still the time is lacking
To compare to how he waited for me- and to send sinlge life a packing
A man of God who seeks the Lord, and leads his family
We are well provided for- His hard work is the key
A better Dad you cannot find, as he learns and grows each day
Discovering with each new morn' the vital need to pray
For raising boys to love the Lord, and serve their fellow man
It takes more than preaching, it means walking them by the hand
And when it comes to his marriage, he does not let it slide
But works and prays and listens close to his helpmeet and his bride
And when he does not understand, the emotions I posses
He holds me tight and lets me cry- my soul he does caress
This week I have been humbled to see him serve us so
The house is kept by his careful touch, and reminders to "Let it go"
So, I want to say a big thank you, for all you do and say
My love- you are amazing! Happy Valentines Day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww.......Lydia!! That is SO sweet!! It almost made me cry, what a special poem!!

Anonymous said...

Hello...and my dear Scott I am honored to read the amount of love your wife carries for you...
you are blessed and God will always be with you, and your family...

Happy Heart Day..I hope your day was full of love and happiness and a bit of fun as well...
I just know was able to get the link to work...Krista had me copy and paste it...by clicking on it I kept getting "not a valid site"

Congrats again... oh my 2 boys... I hope God has given you both the patience "that" might require...

Momma Sonja loves you all... thanks for sharing...

Anonymous said...

What a neat poem, Lydia! Scott is a blessed man!

Anonymous said...

Awww, that is so, so sweet, Lydia! Like Elizabeth, it almost put tears in my eyes. Scott sure is a keeper! "Twru" love indeed. :-)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet poem! Scott is a special guy to have such a special girl! I so enjoyed seeing how the Lord brought you two together. And thanks for posting the pics of little Marcus - he is adorable! Can't wait to see him in person. Keep on keeping on! God's richest blessings! Ruth