Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas...

It's almost here! Around our house it is beginning to look very special!
I will admit I am a die-hard tradition loving soul. I just love the atmosphere of Christmas. The lights and garlands, the tree, nativity, the presents, the secrets, the food, family.... I look forward to this time of year very, very much! I can easily be consumed in all these very temporal things and fail to appreciate the deeper meaning. I can't wait to make special cookies, wrap presents, get cards and pictures in the mail....all good, but I often need a reminder of the greatest gift we celebrate.
Not only Christ and the life he gave for us, but the life he now gives us through him! I have so much to be thankful for. A wonderful husband, a beautiful and healthy little boy, and another (VERY active) little one on the way! Now, I just need a good dose of self-control with a first Christmas here for Paul. No one warned me how hard it is to walk into a store at Christmas time and not come out with everything for your little one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Merry Christmas! I believe our family is now finally done with the shopping. Whew! :D We girls just finished wrapping Dad's gift (which is so large we had to use newspaper :D) and drawing all over it. Then with Kristen's handy camera we took some funny faces and sister pictures. The Funny faces are so funny! Hope we see you soon so we can show you! I need a blog for times that these! :O!!!!!! Have a blessed Christmas!

Love and God bless,
Kourtney

Anonymous said...

Hope your Christmas was great!! I have a feeling that you and Scott had more fun watching Paul enjoy his first Christmas than he did experiencing it! Children are so good at making us appreciate the wonder of the little things again. :-)

Love to all of you! Happy New Year!

micah noel said...

I love Christmas too!

Can't wait to see you tomorrow at the concert.